About Me

Hi! My name is Lexy Briest. I am a teacher, artist, wife, and best of all mom to Delilah Poppy. This blog is meant to document what I love and discover along the way of becoming a mommy, which to me is a never ending journey. Hope you enjoy!

Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Clean Eater

I jumped on the Clean Eating bandwagon last year and have loved the way it makes me feel energized, healthy and mindful of what I eat. I have been a little lackadaisical for the last month or so due to the holidays. So we hit it back into high gear starting with one of our favorite recipes in the Briest household: Pancakes!

Delilah eats hers on a daily basis for breakfast, usually alongside yogurt and fruit. Occasionally I treat her to mini chocolate chips. I got the recipe from a friend (see below) but created my own for my new favorite, Lemon Poppy seed Protein Pancakes. Both are a great way to get lots of protein and fiber in a grain-free way.




Lemon Poppy Seed Protein Pancakes
created by Lexy Briest

3 organic eggs
3 tbsps coconut flour
2 banana's, peeled
1 lemon, zested and juiced
pinch each of cinnamon and ground cardamon (can be omitted but recommend)
poppy seeds to taste
1/4 tsp pure vanilla

grass-fed butter, coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray for griddle

Combine all the ingredients up to the vanilla in a blender. Grease griddle or large frying pan. Pour batter in small (2-3") circles. The bigger they are the harder it is to flip because it is a moister pancake than wheat ones. Flip after the edges turn golden, 2-3 minutes. Fry other side 1-2 more minutes till cooked.






Coconut Protein Pancakes

3 organic eggs
2 tbsp's coconut flour
2 banana's, peeled
pinch of cinnamon

1/4 tsp vanilla
grass-fed butter, coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray for griddle
mini chocolate chips, or blueberries optional

Combine all ingredients up to the vanilla in a blender. Grease griddle or large frying pan. Pour batter in small (2-3") circles. The bigger they are the harder it is to flip because it is a moister pancake than wheat ones. Sprinkle chocolate chips or blueberries if using them.  Flip after the edges turn golden, 2-3 minutes. Fry other side 1-2 minutes till cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment